Tuesday 18 June 2013

Recipe: Roasted Veg with Quinoa - 309 calories per portion

I've been a bit naughty this week and I'm actually doing my two fast days back to back, as I'm doing Stuff that involves food every day for the rest of this week. It's my birthday tomorrow, which involves cake, sushi and cocktails. I'm on a work's away day on Thursday which will involve a nice lunch. And it's my & OH's 10th anniversary on Friday so we're off out for a meal and a few drinks.

So I decided to do Monday and Tuesday this week. I thought it would be harder than it was actually, but today's been fine. I was *really* hungry first thing when I got to work at 7am, but decided to try and power through to 10am to have some muesli breakfast biscuits, then I'd try and get through to tea time. As it goes, I got really absorbed in the work I was doing and before I knew it it was 12.30 and I wasn't actually feeling hungry anymore. I was leaving at 2pm to pick the kids up from school so thought I'd hang on until then and have a cereal bar on the bus. Of course I forgot to pick up a cereal bar so found myself quite growly-tummied waiting in the playground for the kiddlies!

I wanted something filling, so decided to go with quinoa, and it's pretty light on calories for the amount that ends up on your plate. I'd picked up some veg on the way home too so decided to keep it simple and just roast them in a few sprays of oil.

It was quite nice but a bit bland. To be honest It could have done with a good slug of garlic infused olive oil over the veg in the roasting tin, but hey ho, that's the trouble with trying to keep a whole plateful under 400 cals!

Roasted Vegetables with Quinoa (makes one generous portion)

Ingredients:

10 sprays One-Cal olive oil
1 red pepper
1 Aubergine
130g mushrooms
60g quinoa (dry weight)

Method:

Pop a large pan of water on to boil. Then chop all the veg into bite sized chunks and place in a roasting tin. Spray with the oil, then pop in the oven at 200C for 20 minutes.


Meanwhile, rinse your quinoa in cold water in a sieve, then chuck it into the boiling water for 20 mins. Wen it's done, drain it in the sieve.

Chuck it all on a plate and season well with a chilli, garlic & salt grinder


Nutritional Info per serving:

Calories: 309
Fat: 5g
Carbs: 45g
Protein: 10g
Sugar: 4g

No comments:

Post a Comment